Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homemade PB&J Frosty Paws

I was recently at a picnic and had a great conversation with a dog owner who makes a lot of her own doggie treats, food, etc. 
(She also did not have kids, ha, imagine that!)
She told me how easy it was to make homemade Frosty Paws and of course I had to try it.

I read a few recipes similar to this one and decided to wing it from there.

*32 oz Low Fat Organic Yogurt - I used BaNilla flavor
1/2 Cup Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
2 Containers of Organic Banana Baby Food (you can use real banana, but I wasn't sure I could get it smooth enough to pipe through a baggie, so I went for the baby food)
2 Tablespoons of Honey
8oz Container of Organic Blueberry Yogurt

Mix together all ingredients except for the Blueberry Yogurt.
At this point you can fill paper dixie cups with the 'ice cream' if you have a medium-large dog.
I decided to make Elwood bite-sized 'ice cream' nuggets.
I filled a ziplock baggie with the mixture, snipped the end and pipped 'coins' onto a foil lined cookie sheet.


Then I filled another ziplock with the Blueberry Yogurt and drizzled it over the 'coins'.
Pop the cookie sheets into the freezer and remove after 6-8 hours.


Store in a Tupperware container in the freezer for a PB&J summer time puppy treat!



*This made a LOT of little treats.  I filled 4 trays.  If you have a tiny dog, you might want to 1/2 the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment