Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Gifts

By now everyone knows that Eric and I are not big gift givers.
I think it's because we were on the dating 'fast-track' and were living together after less than a year of 'real' dating we always channeled our energy (and money) into making our home and our lives better.  Plus, who needs another something.
(I don't like him to pick out my jewelry.  He doesn't like me to pick out his tools.  The end.)

For Birthdays, I still like to get a little crafty and occasionally 
toss in a fun something that I think he'll like.

Over the years I've made him the most amazing mixed 'tapes' ever, handmade cards and I've had parties of every variety for him from clam-bakes to salsa throw-downs.   

Last year I taped 28 envelopes to the wall and filled each one with a reason why Elwood and I think we are lucky to have him in our lives (probably my favorite to date).  
For a sample of why we love him, see below.
This is a cute idea in a book too.

I need to get crackin' on this year's grand plan!
Maybe a redneck pool party.


Create your own words of love and adoration, cut out each one and stuff it in individual envelopes taped to the wall (flap side out).  Cover the wall in crepe paper, balloons, glitter and have the best birthday gift ever to give.
Here is a sample of what I wrote...
We are so lucky to have someone as kind as you in our lives.
Your heart is gargantuan
 
We are so lucky to have someone as funny as you in our lives.
Your wit is unparalleled
 
We are so lucky to have someone as handy as you in our lives.
Your Bob Villa runs deep.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as wise as you in our lives.
Your brain power is colossal.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as grizzly as you in our lives.
Your knack for the outdoors baffles us.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as opinionated as you in our lives.
Your outlook is cherished.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as motivated as you in our lives.
Your attack and drive git shit done.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as patient as you in our lives.
You are a saint.
 
We are so lucky to have someone as special as you in our lives.
You make us feel loved each and every day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment