Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Salad with Apple Dressing

I made this fall salad for our recent trip to Philly.
We eat salads like this all the time, but it was a hit with the party crowd!


Salad:
Artisan Lettuce
Craisins
Pumpkin Spiced Almond (chopped)
Stilton Cheese with Cranberries

Dressing:
Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider
Dijon Mustard
Sugar
Salt & Pepper

There isn't really a method to putting this together.
Add as much of each 'topping' as you like.

For the dressing, I use 1 part vinegar to 2 parts olive oil.
I add a splash of apple cider, a dollop of mustard, 
a sprinkle of sugar and lots of salt & pepper.

I really just keep dipping lettuce leaves in the dressing as I make it and adjust it as I go!
Also, I always make my dressing in a mason jar ... we like it shaken, not stirred.

Also, I don't understand how anyone can possible chop nuts without one of these chopper thingys.  My bestie lives without one... I don't think I could cook without one!
Yeah, it's lazy, but MAN is it fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment