Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Decorating

I love decorating for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving.
The way I see it, the Christmas decorations are only up for a month-ish, and we want to enjoy the festive mood as long as possible.

We are a two tree household.  A big artificial prelit beauty that takes 2 seconds to yank up from the basement and a small real tree that is more funky and fun for the office.

Eric and I both grew up in 'real tree' households.  Both of our families made a big deal out of cutting down our own tree and the experience of it all.  Now that we are our own family, I'm just not that into it.  (More like I'm not into the mess of watering it, dead needles and tree bags.)  
Eric would still love a real tree, so we compromise with the little guy.



Twinkle lights should really be a year-round thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment