Friday, January 13, 2012

Quick Dinners: Stir Fry

This the my busiest time of year, hands down.  
Eric and I barely see each other during the week, 
and if we happen to have an hour to spare to have dinner together it's on the fly.  

Stir Fry is one of those things I can whip together at the speed of light, 
plus it cleans out the fridge* (always a bonus!)

No recipe, I just toss chicken, shrimp or tofu in a screaming-hot wok with a drizzle of sesame oil and cook through.  Remove and set aside.  Slice veggies into strips and cook quickly in the wok, add protein back in, drizzle with a stir fry sauce, toss to combine and serve over bean threads, brown rice or whole wheat thin spaghetti or chow mein.

Tonight we had a stir fry of chicken, bok choy, green peppers, 
crinkle cut carrots, mushrooms and scallion over bean threads.

*I have 3 ways I clean out the fridge:
1.  Dump it all in a stir fry
2. Toss it all on top of a pizza shell
3.  Put everything on top of a bed of greens for a mega salad

In my experience, these 3 different vehicles can handle just about any combination of ingredients.
Sometimes the best dinners come from just cleaning out the fridge at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment