Friday, October 7, 2011

Holy (Pumpkin) Cannoli (Dip)

Another cheater 'recipe'
(can you call it a recipe if it's just mixing crap in a bowl?)

I spent the day with my second family this past weekend 
and met my brand new sweet baby niece (excitement overload!)

I rarely show up anywhere empty handed, so this time I was packing Pumpkin Cannoli Dip.
Totally season appropriate and super easy. 


Combine in a bowl:
8 oz mascarpone cheese
8 oz ricotta cheese
1 small can pumpkin
1/4 c sugar 
1 c semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Fold in:
1/2 container cool whip 
(this should say 'real, freshly whipped cream', but I was in a hurry people)

Spread in dish and sprinkle on top:
semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
chopped toasted pecans

Dust with powdered sugar

Serve with cinnamon sugar pita chips



The idea of turning a Cannoli into a dip isn't anything new.  
But for lovers of Italian confections, this is just a quick way to get a sweet Cannoli fix! 

Note: This 'recipe' makes a party sized portion.  
Half it if you're making it for hanging out at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment