Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Dessert

I was assigned 3 things for Christmas dinner.  
Roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze, sourdough mushroom stuffing 
and any dessert I wanted to make.  
Well, I kind of dropped the dessert ball and found myself Christmas Eve eve at Sam's Club talking myself into whatever the bakery could sell me.  
Best decision ever.


I bought the Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake and decided to make a 
fancy bitter-orange whipped cream.


1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar 
1 orange, zested
1/8 teaspoon Agnostura bitters
1/4 teaspoon orange extract

Beat cream until soft peaks form.  Add sugar and beat to firm whipped cream peaks.  
Add remaining flavors.  Beat to combine.  Chill until served.

Pretend you made the cake by putting it on a cute cake plate.  Slice the bundt and serve each slice with a huge dollop of whipped cream.
Next time I'm going to garnish the slices with candied orange peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment