Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vegetarian Dinners - Tostadas

Last week Eric and I soaked up some sun and enjoyed dinner outside.


I am all about quick dinners and at least a few days a week we eat vegetarian.

One of my favorite go-to quick vegetarian dinners is Mexican Tostadas.  
There is practically no cooking involved and they are super delicious!


I lay out tostadas on a cookie sheet and heat them in the oven at 350 for 7-ish minutes.
At the same time, I heat the can of refried beans on the stove.

In the 7 minutes it takes to 'cook' dinner, I toss all of the toppings* on the table, crack open a Corona and slice up a lime.

From there it's a 'build-your-own' dinner.
One of our favorites :)

*some of our favorite toppings include:
salsa (fresh or from the jar)
cilantro
sour cream
avocado
red onion
cheese
and lots of hot sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment